Saturday 3 November 2012

Perfectly preserved

I had a Stampin' Up! delivery a couple of days ago and here are two of the items from that delivery,
aren't they lovely?
Well, I had been resisting the urge to buy these until recently, after receiving a fabulous card made with them and then I was hooked and couldn't wait to put my next order in, and as I said they arrived a couple of days ago. The stamp set is called perfectly preserved and the die set is called Cannery, its a framelit set, they both work together, to stamp and cut out the items.
I chose the stamp set in the clear option, which if you know Stampin' Up! is not clear as such but stamps without the wooden block, they have the mounting foam on the back so you only need an acrylic block to fix them to and you are ready to go, the cases are just like a dvd box so much easier to store and a little cheaper than the wood mounted options.


The dies come in a handy tough plastic "envelope" with a popper, making them easy to store.



Here is my first card I made with these sets, there will be many to follow as I have really fallen for the designs and versatility of them.
The card base is Midnight Muse in an A6 size.
I cut three banner style pieces of designer series paper for the background, I simply cut three strips and made the "v" shape with my square punch, lining up the sides.
I stamped the main jar with Early Espresso ink and cut out with the matching die.
I stamped the apple with my favourite green of the moment Lucky Limeade, I added Early Espresso pips with a marker pen, I stamped the leaves with Lucky Limeade ink and cut both of these out with their matching dies. The lid was stamped with Island Indigo ink, cut out, pierced at the edges and matching twine added through the holes, I glued the twine around the curve of the lid. The mat was cut using my Window Frames die set. The mat, jar and banners were all inked around the edges with Island Indigo ink. The jar was fixed with foam pads on to the mat, which was then stuck flat onto the banners. I added the apple and leaves with glue and added some matching bakers twine to the left hand side to tie it all together.


A close up of the jar.


I was really pleased with how this turned out. What do you think? Leave me a comment below.
I find when I'm looking at other peoples blogs and they tell me the name of something, I don't actually know what it looks like so, I'm going to try to photograph some of the products that I use and add them to the beginning of my posts so you can visualise them. Let me know if you think this would help you too.

It is Taunton's Sincerely Yours craft show tomorrow at Wellsprings leisure centre, I hope to see some of you there, I'm not demonstrating, I'm browsing, like you. Have fun, don't spend too much money (unless you can afford to, that is)
Until next time, Happy Crafting, Dawn x

No comments:

Post a Comment