Saturday 17 November 2012

Just Believe workshops

Here are this months two cards using the Just Believe stamp set from Stampin' Up!

I started with a crumb cake square card base, I matted a Very Vanilla square and stamped this with my new Travel Journal wheel in crumb cake ink (anyone who knows me, will know I struggle to use the wheels in straight lines so I carefully trimmed the join of the rubber and peeled it off the wheel, I then backed it with the amazing clear mount cling foam from Stampin' Up! and used it as a traditional stamp on an acrylic block, and here as you can see, straight lines for my background)
I then cut two Top Note die cuts, one from crumb cake and one from very vanilla card, I trimmed the edge off the vanilla layer so it will show the crumb cake layer, I love how this looks.
I stamped two images from the Just Believe stamp set on the middle of the vanilla top note die cut in crumb cake ink, I added my greeting, also from this set, in early espresso in the top right hand corner.
I softened the edges of both of my vanilla layers by inking around the edges with crumb cake ink.
To make my bow a little flatter than tying it in a knot, I took a length of ribbon approximately 36cms long, I held the ends together and tied with twine a distance of about 6-7cms from the point, I then pushed the middle loop up towards where I had tied and tied again, making the centre of the bow, a little wriggling to get it how I wanted and then I cut the twine off close to the bow, this I feel is another option for all of us bow challenged people out there, and yes I am one of them!
Unfortunately this gorgeous ribbon is no longer available from Stampin' Up! argh!!!


The script is beautiful, and very easy to repeat without it looking like it is the same few lines repeated, very versatile wheel/stamp.


Like I said I'm bow challenged but this is cute, don't you think?


We stamped the inside on an insert and then I forgot to photograph it, oops! It adds a lovely finishing touch to the card and looks lovely on the envelope too, wouldn't you open an envelope with detail on before all the usual boring post? I know I would :) 


This is card number two, using the same Just Believe stamp set.
We started with a crumb cake A5 card blank, (a sheet of A4 folded simply in half) then using the smaller leaf design I stamped using versamark around the edges and left to dry.
The tag was cut using a Tim Holtz die and very vanilla card but it could be a ready bought luggage label if you don't have a die.
Using a piece of copy paper, I ripped my hill design, lining this where I wanted I used pumpkin pie ink for the base hills, moving the paper up I then inked with so saffron, I had punched a circle and fixed on to form the moon, I inked around the moon also with so saffron ink, when I was happy with the look I inked the largest design from the set with black ink and stamped across the bottom left hand corner, using black ink I stamped my text across the revealed moon image, I inked around the edges of the tag to add depth. 
Using the cute new Finishing Touches edgelit die, I cut a small strip and stuck it behind the main tag for detail and finished my tag with a piece of coordinating ribbon.
I added a simple pearl insert to finish my card.
What do you think? Is this design your cup of tea? Or a little plain? 
Let me know, leave me a comment below.


Here is some of the tag detail.


The finishing touches die is super cute and simple too.


Sorry about all the shadows on my photos today, I guess I should be lucky we had sun shine when I was taking them, unlike now when I'm writing this.
I'm holding back from posting this until the afternoon, as I don't want to spoil it for all my lovely ladies who are coming to make these cards with me this afternoon.

Please feel free to post a comment and let me know what you think of these two design.
Until next time, Happy Crafting, Dawn x

No comments:

Post a Comment