Monday 26 November 2012

Flat bow instructions

Yesterdays post showed this bow on a card and here are the instructions.
I made my bow like this as the ribbon is wide and when you tie a 
knot it is quite deep, therefore adding to postage costs so I wanted a neat bow without the depth and this is what I came up with.

I started with my chosen length of ribbon and a piece of twine long enough to tie around it easily.


I held the two ends together.


Approx 6-7cms from the tip I tied my twine around both ends, pulling tight.


Pushing the loop up in the centre behind my tied part.


Using the same twine from earlier I have tied tightly around my pushed up loop.


Make sure your knots are tight, then you can wiggle your bow to get it to sit exactly how you want it.
This picture shows me moving the "legs" of the ribbon apart, so there will be one going in each direction


Here the "legs" are apart.


Cut the twine as close as you can to the knots.


A final wiggle, the front loop is adjustable if you move it gently you can line it however you want it.
Here is my finished bow.


I am bow challenged but think it looks fabulous, what do you think?
Are these instructions helpful?
Leave a comment below.

I am trying to post something new for you each weekend, more regular than that just doesn't happen, work gets in the way, he he.

Next time, I am hoping to give you instructions for making wheel stamps into flat stamps.
Until next weekend, Happy crafting, Dawn x

No comments:

Post a Comment