Saturday 1 December 2012

Wheels to flat stamps

Have you ever bought wheel stamps and then not used them...?
Mmm, well I had, I tried to use them but they often went wonky even with the wheel ruler.
So, what could I do?


Firstly I found the join and gently cut with a sharp knife, a few times.


Gently peel back the rubber.


They peel really easily.


You can see in this photograph, the sticky glue, some on the wheel and some left on the rubber.
It peels off of both easily.


I chose to mount my stamp onto Stampin' Up! clear mount cling foam, here I am pulling back one of the layers that envelope it. One side of the cling is very sticky, this is the side that you fix the stamp to, the other side is not sticky to touch, this side clings to an acrylic block.


Position the stamp along the edge this leaves no wastage.


I have stuck two wheel stamps on here.


I then cut along the edge of the stamp, being careful not to cut in to the stamp.
It is important to use good quality sharp scissors for this, the very sticky foam will leave a residue on your scissors but this can be cleaned off easily when you have finished.


I cut between the two "wheel" stamps.


You can keep the stamp whole as I have with the top one (Nicely Knit)
Or cut carefully between the images to make multiple stamps like I have with the bottom one (Snowflake Party)


I store my flat wheel stamps in clear mount stamp cases, you can get one layer on each side and the case closes easily without squashing the stamps...perfect. Thank you, Stampin' Up!


Here are the cases, they come in a pack of four for £5.50
not just for flat wheel stamps, they can be used for storing any clear stamps, or foam mounted stamps, or anything else you can think of.


I hope this explains what I mean when I say flat wheel stamps and shows how easy it is to do.
Let me know how you get on with it, leave me a message below.
Until next time, Happy Crafting, dawn x

No comments:

Post a Comment