Sunday 28 October 2012

Blossom punch or not?

I found these photo's the other day and realised that I hadn't shown them to you yet.
When is a blossom punch not just a flower?

This card is to show you that things don't always have to be exactly what they seem.

I started with an A6 card blank in white, added a perfect plum mat and then a whisper white mat on top.
I stamped the swirl from the wedding sweet stamp set using perfect plum ink on to my whisper white mat.
I stamped a chosen flower also using perfect plum ink onto whisper white ink and punched it out with my blossom punch, I also punched a blossom from perfect plum card.


I cut two of the petals off my stamped and punched image, following the line of the stamp, I copied this cut onto the perfect plum blossom, I scored both layers down the centre, gluing along the centre only, I stuck this to the swirl on my mat. I added the fabulous chunky glass glitter down the centre of my butterflies.
I accented the swirl with dazzling diamonds glitter, this is the best fine glitter there is (in my opinion) although I'm not too good at photographing it very well, sorry.


I liked how my card came out but wanted to flip the colour palette on its head and that is what I have done here. I used perfect plum for the base, still a white mat and plum mat on the top. The swirl was heat embossed with white. 
As you can see quite different and yet the design is the same. I really like doing that with a design.


A close up of the embossed flower/butterfly.


Is this your style of card? Or a little too plain and simple?
I hope you like my card design, leave me a comment below.

Until next time, Happy Crafting, Dawn x

No comments:

Post a Comment