Tuesday 26 March 2013

Workshop card

This is one of the cards we made recently at my Flowering Flourishes workshop, otherwise known as "The Big One" for more details of why it was called this read back the last couple of posts.

A bright white 6x6 inch white card blank, with a real red layer. A gorgeous die cut, pierced around the edge and stamped with a stamp from the Flowering Flourish stamp set using lucky limeade ink and a real red marker pen, this technique is quite easy. I inked my whole stamp using the green ink then with a baby wipe I rubbed off the flowers and using the marker coloured them red, I then stamped the whole design on to my die cut. Tiny brads to the centre of the flowers and a twist of ribbon to finish.


I'm really loving the pierced look at the moment and doesn't it look great around the die cut, adding real definition?


This technique is great to use up all those tiny pieces of ribbon that would probably head for the bin, a simple knot.


Is this your style of card?
Leave me a comment, let me know what you think.
Until next time, thank you for visiting and Happy Crafting, Dawn x

No comments:

Post a Comment