Monday 10 May 2010

Something different!


Here I have a bracelet I made a little while ago, I thought I would share it with you as it shows how different crafts can overlap. I have seen in local shops and online the stretchy type bracelets that you can then hang your chosen charms on but, I didn't find exactly what I was looking for and so came the idea to make one myself. I bought a rather large supply of jump rings (approx 250 for this project) and set to joining them all together, I thread stretchy elastic through each link, in one way and then out the other so the links didn't just line up next to each other but formed a more random look. I was given a pmc (precious metal clay) kit for Christmas and this was my first charm that I made, first rolling the clay, then stamping into it, then cutting the circle, making the hole and waiting for it to dry before firing it, polishing it and attaching it to the bracelet. I used the swirl stamp from spotlight on Christmas stampin' up! set to make the pattern in the silver clay. I made a couple of further charms and added to the bracelet but, after wearing it once decided it was to much so went back to just the original charm. I think its great when you can find more than one job for a product and using stamps in this way opens up new doors within crafting. I am very pleased with the result for my first attempt, I hope you like it too. Dawn x

No comments:

Post a Comment