Friday 14 May 2010

Male themed card


I recently took part in a challenge with the lovely Hayley from Inkin Babes, the theme was to make a male themed card. I have never really timed myself when making cards or crafting generally and find I can easily loose a few hours without knowing. So, with this in mind and only having an hour I was definitely under pressure, that and being fairly rubbish on the computer and wondering how do I upload my photo, I realised I had to get moving. The Lovely as a tree stamp set came instantly to mind, so naturally I turned to old olive (one of my favourite's), chocolate chip and the new soft suede to help with the challenge. I decided to stamp my chosen tree in soft suede ink and then die cut around the image with a leaf shape, I inked each die cut with the same ink as well as old olive, the inspiration was flowing and I saw things appearing before my eyes, my card, in my head, had to be DL size so, therefore I would need three die cut trees, a simple mat and layer on the card base and some wonderful ribbon for the base and the trunks of the trees and I had almost finished. I added a small greeting from the tiny tags stamp set and punched three tags and hung them from linen thread and here it is. Oh and yes I did manage to upload it in time to enter the challenge, I must be getting better at the "technical" stuff. I am pleased with it and think it would make a lovely fathers day card with the appropriate greeting. I hope you like it too Dawn x

1 comment: