Friday 25 June 2010

Pretty delicate!



Hi, today for something a little different, I enjoy many styles of crafting, bright colours in my card making and delicate designs in my interest of jewellery, I don't wear very much jewellery but, what I do is quite simple. Here is a necklace I made a few weeks ago, I became a member of my local bead shop and enjoyed a fab evening watching demo's and trying out macrame. After speaking to a lovely lady, who was a customer, and admiring her necklace, she explained how she made it and even helped me find the right size beads for the job, as you can see I chose a turquoise mix and added silver to the combination. This is my first attempt at this kind of jewellery making and I must admit I am really pleased with the outcome. I have put on two photo's, the first to show the whole necklace and the second to show closer in more detail. This necklace can be made to sit quite "tight" around the neck but I chose to make it slightly longer as I really don't like things around my neck/throat. I hope you like it. Until next time, Happy crafting whatever your style, Dawn x

1 comment: