Sunday 15 July 2012

Race for Life

Race for Life was held today at Taunton race course,



here are some of the wonderful participants enjoying their warm up with Heart FM and then it was Zumba time...go girls!


Today it was my daughter and I who joined in, here we are before the race, along with my supporting son.
We raced for several people including my Dad, he's a survivor!


 There was a sea of people and their supporters, with the runners moving to the front, followed by the joggers and then the walkers.
The stories on people's backs were very touching and some of them very sad. So many people all sharing one thing in common.


I was surprised to see the huge snake of people and from a distance felt it looked like pink ants...all following one another, a fabulous sight, not to mention the atmosphere.


And at the end, Danielle and I showing off our medals!


A brilliant event, supported by loads of people, hopefully raising lots of money for a very important charity.
Well done every single one of you for your effort and thanks for making my experience so special! Dawn x

No comments:

Post a Comment