Saturday 7 July 2012

Artful Ladies

I have found a new unmounted stamp set that is absolutely fantastic, its called artful ladies, it was designed by Sam Poole and made by Creative Expressions, and here is my first make using this set, with many more to come (I haven't been this excited about a stamp set for......actually I don't think I have ever!)

I watched one of Sam's demos and made this card using the techniques she showed.
Paper pieced background made with ripped pieces of scrap designer series papers.
Eco paints spread over the top in some areas. Bubble wrap stamp randomly part stamped over the top. My greeting was stamped on top of the dried paint. The artful lady was paper pieced, and cut out, with the wings having two layers to add dimension. A simple double bow made with seam binding and topped with a dazzler to finish, all layered on to my coloured card blank.


A closer look at the artful lady (there were two to choose from on this stamp plate-this one being my favourite)


A close up of my bow and the very sparkly dazzler, these are amazing in real life.


This is not my usual style of card making, taking me a long way outside of my comfort zone but I must say I thoroughly enjoyed it and I'm really pleased with the end result, I hope you like it too. Please leave a comment to let me know what you think, until next time, Happy crafting Dawn x

No comments:

Post a Comment