Friday 19 November 2010

Santa's sleigh...


This is my last sample from Sunday.
My friend bought the sizzix 3d sleigh die and made a lovely sleigh that she put sweets in and would like to use for her table settings for Christmas and when I saw it I wanted to make a matching Christmas card and well here it is...
I cut the sleigh shape in real red, stamped it in white craft ink with snowflakes (serene snowflake stamp set again!), then in gold and trimmed the gold to fix on top of the red. The Santa was made using a sizzlet set I had and then I cut a circle to make his tummy, each layer was inked in chocolate chip to add definition. The letters are cut using chocolatey goodness sizzlet alphabet set in chocolate chip and whisper white and glittered when assembled. The background was embossed using swiss dots cuttlebug folder, I fixed two pieces together to make it large enough for the card. This card took quite a while to complete but I love the effect, I hope you do too, I would love to hear what you think, please leave a comment. Until next time, Happy crafting Dawn x

1 comment: