Saturday 9 February 2013

Testing couple days

Firstly I'm sorry for not blogging for a while, I have lots to show you but other things have got in the way, this time it was a huge worry. One of my gorgeous dogs ate something he shouldn't of, he has done this before and the item follows the usual natural path and causes no real problem, not this time!
I didn't actually see him eat it, but my small dish cloth went missing, I guessed what had happened and all seemed ok at first, then Saturday morning I went to feed him and he didn't touch his food, this is unheard of for Nanook, so a visit to the vet swiftly followed. Where they suspected a blockage, an xray would help give more information so we had to leave him there, it was so painful walking away from my baby, followed by a wait for a phone call where I was told it was going to have to be surgery. A long and impatient wait on my part, I had another call explaining that it wasn't a straight forward procedure, they had to cut his stomach, bowel and intestine open to remove the object, that turned out not to be my small dishcloth at all. A major operation for him, poor thing. I had a very anxious night waiting for the next phone call, one where I didn't get any sleep. Our home was very empty without him and Kodi was behaving strangely, she obviously missed him too!
Nanook being himself I had the next call saying he was ready to come home as he was quite anxious being in the kennel, he had eaten well and was becoming quite vocal, it's funny, do you know chewbacca on star wars, they used an alaskan malamute for his voice and that is what Nanook sounds like, super cute! He has now had two check ups and everything is healing well so I can now breath properly. Will he learn from his traumatic outing?....no I guess not, but boy am I glad to have him back where he belongs, so is Kodi and the rest of the family. The picture above is of him in his full glory, taken before the incident, I couldn't post a photo of him with his shaved parts, its just not fair to see him like that.

Anyway back to craft, today is my workshop that had to be postponed from January due to the snow. I hope to bring you details of that soon, until next time Happy crafting, Dawn x

No comments:

Post a Comment