Saturday 11 February 2012

Sneak peak...


Today is my first craft class of 2012 and here is a sneak peak of one of the cards we will be making using the gorgeous spice cake papers...!
I Love these papers, I don't usually get soooo excited about papers but these are just amazing, and would suit so many styles of project, I will show you my other projects soon.


Here I have made a very simple card with only one small stamped sentiment, from the swirls and curls verses stamp set so, if stamping is not your thing, this may suit you. The background shape was cut using a Stampin' Up! exclusive die called "Top Note" this is probably my all time favorite die as it is so versatile and you will often see it on my projects.

First I cut a top note in soft suede and another from a chosen piece of spice cake paper (this was a tricky decision as they are all scrumptious) I trimmed the edge off the paper die cut to show the border of the card underneath. As you can see I trimmed the edge of the die cut after fixing to my base card.

I cut the "bird" using a paisley die cut and the wing was a small paisley die cut, I inked the edges with soft suede ink to add definition.

I stamped the cute happy birthday, from the swirls and curls verses stamp set also using soft suede ink and added pearls to the balloon design.

I hope you like my simple card design, pop back soon to see what else I made using these fab new papers, available through your Stampin' Up! demonstrator, if you don't have your own demonstrator please feel free to contact me and I can assist you with your order.

Happy crafting Dawn x

No comments:

Post a Comment