Wednesday 23 March 2011

Beware Pirates!

I'm on a mission to make more cards for men and here is my first I have to show you, the others are coming soon.

Here I used sahara sand as my base card (yes its another square card!) I used the Stampin' Up! spritzer tool to help achieve the background colour along with a stamp from my Bird on a branch stamp set, using Early espresso ink for both. I cut two thin strips of card as an accent and stuck them down the left hand side of the card blank. I stamped the skull image in Early espresso and Real red ink onto vanilla card, I punched the red skull with a circle punch and layered it onto the espresso image, with foam pads, after I had torn around the edges (I was way out of my comfort zone for this, tearing I mean) I tied some twine across one of the corners as an accent and added the "greeting" on the bottom edge with red ink. I added a plain insert to finish the card. I hope you like it, please feel free to leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment