Saturday 10 May 2014

New Home

I needed to make a card for someone special who is moving house and for something really different I went for a butterfly, symbolising flying or in my head moving away. 
I started with my favourite square card base, after deciding on the size of my mat and layer I pierced around the edge. I cut a 15 cm square whisper white layer and a 15.5 cm square crumb cake mat. I stamped the small word stamp from a long retired stamp set called strength & hope, many times all over the whisper white layer in crumb cake ink, the stamp is small so this took a little while but I love the words, I also inked the edges. I cut a strip of crumb cake for the band and punched this with my scallop border punch, I added a small strip of champagne glimmer card, this stuff is so sparkly you only need a little.
I cut a pink pirouette circle and a slightly smaller whisper white circle. I stamped a butterfly from papillion potpourri onto the white circle in crumb cake ink and gentle coloured with the pink ink and a blender pen. I punched lots of branches using my bird punch and crumb cake card. I stamped flowers from my petite petals stamp set onto whisper white with pink pirouette ink, I used the flower that looks like a watercolour flower, I punched the flowers out with the coordinating punch. Then I assembled the butterfly circles, leaves and flowers, sticking them down when I was happy. To finish I added a tiny pearl to the centre of all the flowers. What do you think? I think it's feminine and pretty. 
All for now, Dawn x






No comments:

Post a Comment